Improving Product Marketing Staff Skills
Jack has years of experience proving that most product marketing staff, and especially those who are new to marketing, can benefit from training in these key areas:
- Developing Sales Training Materials
This training, explained further in Sales Training Material Workshops, describes how to provide the information sales people really want and need to know about how and where to sell your product:
- What is the value of each important feature to the customer?
- Why is our product unique?
- What kinds of customers need our product, and for what specific applications?
- What are each competitor's strong and weak points, and what strategy should we use to win against each competitor?
- What are the strong points of our product, and how can we demonstrate those strong points or show measurable value to the customer?
- What are the weak points of our product, and what strategy should we use to overcome each one?
- Customer Value Proposition Training
Do you describe products by talking about their specifications or benefits? Value is important in customer buying decisions. This training is about
learning how to listen to customer needs first, learning how to recognize the difference between
product specifications and value, and learning how to communicate value propositions based on customer needs.